- Catastrophic Impacts of Climate ChangeA study by University College London (UCL) concludes we heave severely underestimated the health impacts of global warming. “The frequency and intensity of extreme weather events will dramatically increase.” “In essence, whether we respond to “the biggest global health threat of the 21st century” is no longer a technical or economic question — it is […]
- The Sixth Mass Extinction Is HereResearchers from several universities have released a study that concludes the Earth has entered into its sixth mass extinction. Rob Jordan author of the Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment states, “There is no longer any doubt: We are entering a mass extinction that threatens humanity’s existence.” The onset of the extinction is due to […]
- General FusionNuclear fusion may be the only energy source that can save humankind from climate change. General Fusion is a British Columbia company that is working on an unlimited supply of green energy. “Fusion powers the sun, and harnessing fusion here on earth would transform the world’s energy supply. Fusion fuel is abundant and fusion is […]
- Catastrophic Impacts of Climate Change
- California Utilities Unveil Plans to Pave the Way for Clean, Distributed EnergyJuly 1, 2015
- Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs Need Better Management and ReportingJuly 1, 2015
- IEA: Reducing Oil & Gas Methane Key to Curbing Climate ChangeBy Drew NelsonLast Friday, the incoming head of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Faith Birol, provided a briefing to U.S. stakeholders about IEA’s new special report on climate change, which found that global emissions could peak by the end of this decade without reducing economic growth. The report outlines five key pillars for turning the emissions […]
- California Utilities Unveil Plans to Pave the Way for Clean, Distributed Energy
- May 2015 National OverviewPlease see May 2015 National Overview report for more information.
- May 2015 Global AnalysisPlease see May 2015 Global Analysis report for more information.
- May 2015 DroughtPlease note that the values presented in this report are based on preliminary data. They will change when the final data are processed, but will not be replaced on these pages.
- May 2015 National Overview
- NASA, NOAA invite social media to cover Jason-3 launchUpdated on June 29, 2015: The SpaceX Falcon 9 launch mishap of the unmanned rocket to resupply the International Space Station has impacted the projected launch date for the Jason-3 mission. While the incident review team looks into the cause of the mishap, NOAA and NASA are working with the European partners, France's Centre Nationale d'Etudes Spatiales (the French space agency) and EUMETSAT, the European […]
- NASA, NOAA invite social media to cover Jason-3 launch
- Canadian Wildfires Produce River of SmokeSmoke from fires in Canada streamed into the United States.
- Canadian Wildfires Produce River of Smoke
Tag Archives: wild fires
By admin | Published: November 18, 2011
Photograph of the fires taken from the sky by NASA Fire season in northern Australia usually wraps up by October, but 2011 has been an exceptional year. In mid-November, dry grasses and low humidity combined to create extremely dangerous fire conditions, prompting the Queensland Fire and Rescue service to issue a warning. Because of the […]