- Statement of Environmental Defense Action FundDecember 4, 2013 […]
- Global climate change can make fish consumption more dangerousBy KriteeHundreds of thousands of babies are born in the U.S each year with enough mercury in their blood to impair healthy brain development. As they grow, these children’s capacity to see, hear, move, feel, learn and respond can be severely compromised. Why does this happen? Mostly because a portion of mercury emitted from local power plants and other glob […]
- Job Opening: Coastal Outreach Coordinator, Louisiana Wildlife FederationJOB NOTICE POSITION: COASTAL OUTREACH COORDINATOR Baton Rouge, LA (posted December 4, 2013 – open until filled) Louisiana Wildlife Federation (LWF), a statewide organization representing a broad constituency of conservationists including hunters, anglers, campers, birders, boaters, and other outdoor enthusiasts who believe in conservation and protection of o […]
- Statement of Environmental Defense Action Fund
- October 2013 National OverviewThe average temperature for the contiguous United States during October was 53.6°F, 0.6°F below the 20thcentury average, making it the 37th coolest October on record. The October national precipitation total was 2.23 inches, 0.12 inch above the 20th century average.
- October 2013 Global AnalysisThe combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for October 2013 was the seventh highest for October on record, at 0.63°C (1.13°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.1°F). The global land surface temperature was 0.98°C (1.76°F) above the 20th century average of 9.3°C (48.7°F)—tying with 2012 as the eighth warmest October on rec […]
- October 2013 Upper AirLower Troposphere: RSS, +0.113°C; UAH, +0.29°C. Mid-Troposphere: RSS, +0.171°C; UAH, +0.25°C; UW-RSS, +0.23°C; UW-UAH, +0.30°C. Stratosphere: RSS, -0.231°C; UAH, -0.33°C.
- October 2013 National Overview
- NASA iPad app shows Earth changing before your eyes[[IMAGE||http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/images/earth/climate/20131203/icemeltAlaska-b-640.jpg||Left||250||NASA Administrator Charles Bolden explores NASA's new Images of Change iPad application. Image credit: NASA/JPL||NASA Administrator Charles Bolden explores NASA's new Images of Change iPad application. Image credit: NASA/JPL||||0||http://www.jpl.nasa. […]
- NASA iPad app shows Earth changing before your eyes
Tag Archives: environmnet
By admin | Published: December 15, 2010
To better understand the effects of the ocean on global climate and weather, scientists from NOAA’s Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, or PMEL, deployed an Ocean Climate Station mooring — an anchored buoy —on the edge of the warm Agulhas Return Current (ARC) southeast of South Africa. Although there is an array of climate buoys positioned […]
By admin | Published: October 18, 2010
The first nine months of 2010 tied with the same period in 1998 for the warmest January-September combined land and ocean surface temperature since 1880. The global combined surface temperature of 58.67 degrees Fahrenheit is 1.17 degrees above the 20th-century average. This link features more details, including which regions were warmer and which regions were […]