- Sea Level WarningA new study, written by James Hansen (NASA’s former lead climate scientist) and 16 co-authors, concludes that glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica will melt 10 times faster than previous estimates. The result could be a sea level rise of at least 10 feet in the next 50 years. Hanson said the new findings would be […]
- EPA: Climate Change ReportWASHINGTON –The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today released one of the most comprehensive analyses to date on the economic, health and environmental benefits to the United States of global climate action. The peer-reviewed report, “Climate Change in the United States: Benefits of Global Action,” examines how future impacts and damages of climate change across […]
- Supreme Court Upholds PollutionThe Supreme Court over-ruled one of the Obama administration’s environmental protections — an Environmental Protection Agency regulation that limits emissions of mercury and other pollution from coal-fired power plants. Writing for the majority, in the 5-to-4 decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote: “It is not rational, never mind ‘appropriate,’ to impose billions of dollars in economic […]
- Sea Level Warning
- Strong Fuel Efficiency and Clean Air Standards Welcome in TexasBy Christina WolfeStrong fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas standards will save money and cut pollution. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) are proposing new fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas standards for heavy-duty vehicles, and that should be welcome news for all of Texas. Applying to […]
- Appeals Court Keeps the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule in Place, Directs EPA to Conduct Additional AnalysesJuly 28, 2015
- Latest Mississippi River Delta News: July 28, 2015A tempting target: Louisiana stands to gain substantial funds for coastal projects, but the governor’s new coastal director warns against diverting those funds to other uses By Amy Wold, The Advocate. July 28, 2015 "Coastal protection and restoration must be a centerpiece of any platform for a candidate running for governor or for the legislature,” […]
- Strong Fuel Efficiency and Clean Air Standards Welcome in Texas
- June 2015 National OverviewPlease see June 2015 National Overview report for more information.
- June 2015 Global AnalysisPlease see June 2015 Global Analysis report for more information.
- June 2015 DroughtPlease note that the values presented in this report are based on preliminary data. They will change when the final data are processed, but will not be replaced on these pages.
- June 2015 National Overview
- Study: Fire seasons getting longer, more frequentA new analysis of 35 years of meteorological data confirms fire seasons have become longer. Fire season, which varies in timing and duration based on location, is defined as the time of year when wildfires are most likely to ignite, spread, and affect resources. Earth Observatory maps by Joshua Stevens, using data provided by Matt […]
- Study: Fire seasons getting longer, more frequent
- Glacier Lake Outburst Flood near AlmatyAfter a warm spell in Kazakhstan, a glacial lake emptied abruptly and sent flood water rushing downstream.
- Glacier Lake Outburst Flood near Almaty
Tag Archives: economic impacts
By admin | Published: May 7, 2014
The USA has released a report on climate disruption. Climate change is happening now. The U.S. and the world are warming, global sea level is rising, and some types of extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and more severe. These changes have already resulted in a wide range of impacts across every region of […]
By admin | Published: February 24, 2012
USDA and British Columbia: A comprehensive multi-disciplinary synthesis published in Environmental Reviews reveals the urgent need for further investigation and policy development to address significant environmental, social and economic impacts of invasive alien species and climate change. Invasive Plants …why be concerned? Invasive plants pose a threat to our native environment and are […]