- Magnitude and Speed of Sea Level Rise = Global CrisisThere are a growing number of scientist that have concluded climate change is severe. Recently, Jim Hansen, a professor at Columbia University’s Earth Institute, wrote: “One conclusion we share in the latter paper is that ice sheet models that guided IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) sea level projections and upcoming United Nations meetings in […]
- Sea Level WarningA new study, written by James Hansen (NASA’s former lead climate scientist) and 16 co-authors, concludes that glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica will melt 10 times faster than previous estimates. The result could be a sea level rise of at least 10 feet in the next 50 years. Hanson said the new findings would be […]
- EPA: Climate Change ReportWASHINGTON –The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today released one of the most comprehensive analyses to date on the economic, health and environmental benefits to the United States of global climate action. The peer-reviewed report, “Climate Change in the United States: Benefits of Global Action,” examines how future impacts and damages of climate change across […]
- Magnitude and Speed of Sea Level Rise = Global Crisis
- Cutting 50 Percent from California’s Petroleum Consumption can Lower Fuel Prices and Price Volatility While Keeping the Economy StrongBy Tim O'ConnorKeep reading for an overview or dig right into a new Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) policy brief on transportation fuel prices and the proposed 50 percent fossil fuel reduction for more details. If you are a movie buff, you might remember Groundhog Day in which Bill Murray’s character had to relive the same […]
- Broad Set of Voices Agree: EPA’s Proposed Methane Pollution Standard is Common SenseBy Felice StadlerLast month, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed the first-ever nationwide standards to reduce methane pollution from the oil and gas industry. It’s a common sense move: With its potent global warming power and low-cost solutions, cutting methane is the biggest bargain for greenhouse gas reductions in the energy business. The array of […]
- Latest Mississippi River Delta News: September 3, 2015State conservation group commends decision to hold Corps liable for MRGO wetlands restoration *features Rebecca Triche, LWF WVUE. September 2, 2015 "This is a big win for the greater New Orleans area and the state of Louisiana," said Rebecca Triche, executive director for Louisiana Wildlife Federation (LWF). "The MRGO destroyed wetlands that are critical in […]
- Cutting 50 Percent from California’s Petroleum Consumption can Lower Fuel Prices and Price Volatility While Keeping the Economy Strong
- July 2015 National OverviewThe July contiguous U.S. average temperature was 73.9 degrees F, 0.2 degrees F above the 20th century average.The precipitation total was 3.16 inches, 0.38 inches above average.
- July 2015 Global AnalysisThe combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for July was 0.81 degrees C (1.46 degrees F) above the 20th century average of 15.5 degrees C (59.9 degrees F).
- July 2015 Regional AnalysisJuly temperature anomalies relative to their 1910-2000 mean: North America, +0.53 deg C; South America, +1.43 deg C; Europe, +1.53 deg C; Africa, +1.20 deg C; Asia, +0.70 deg C; Oceania, +0.57 deg C.
- July 2015 National Overview
- TES satellite instrument gives new insight into water cycleResearch using NASA satellite measurements has given scientists a better understanding of what happens to rain and snow that falls on land — how much runs off into rivers, lakes and aquifers; how much plants use; and how much simply evaporates. Among the new findings: plants around the world use less water than previous studies had […]
- TES satellite instrument gives new insight into water cycle
- Dust Marches Across Iraq and IranWeather systems give a cyclone-like look to a vast dust storm in the Middle East.
- Dust Marches Across Iraq and Iran
Monthly Archives: June 2011
By admin | Published: June 22, 2011
High Definition Pictures Single Stream Recycling Tour in King of Prussia with Ambler Environmental Action Committee 3 0:46 Single Stream Recycling Tour in King of Prussia with Ambler Environmental Action Committee 2 0:49 Single Stream Recycling Tour in King of Prussia with Ambler Environmental Action Committee 1 1:14 Single Stream Recycling King of […]