- Greenhouse Gas Levels at Highest Point in 800,000 YearsThe Membrane Domain has been conducting research on climate change since 1999. Don’t you hate it when this happens? The ABC, Australia’s public broadcaster, is reporting: The world’s top scientists have given their clearest warning yet of the severe and irreversible impacts of climate change. The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC […]
- Turning Water Into ElectricityIt is possible to turn water into electricity. Solar energy is one of the cleanest and cheapest ways to convert liquid H2O into steam. The energy in steam is 9 times greater than the energy in the same weight of boiling water. The math suggests that each gallon of evaporated water is equal to running […]
- The Costs of Solar EnergyA lot of the environmental costs of solar depend on how the panels and batteries are produced, transported and disposed of… and most importantly how the energy is stored. As renewable energy grows, storage will become a greater problem. In general, we would be better off producing energy like the sun (fusion) than trying to […]
- Greenhouse Gas Levels at Highest Point in 800,000 Years
- Florida fails to support solar energy for homes and businessesNovember 25, 2014 […]
- Supreme Court Will Hear Appeal of Mercury and Air Toxics StandardsNovember 25, 2014 […]
- EPA IRIS program requests conflict-of-interest disclosures by commentersBy Richard DenisonRichard Denison, Ph.D., is a Lead Senior Scientist. Lindsay McCormick is a Research Analyst. EPA’s Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) is now requesting that persons who make oral comments at its bimonthly meetings or submit written comments on its documents disclose whether they have “financial relationships … with any organization […]
- Florida fails to support solar energy for homes and businesses
- October 2014 National OverviewPlease see October 2014 National Overview report for more information.
- October 2014 Global AnalysisThe combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for October 2014 was the highest on record for October, at 0.74°C (1.33°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.1°F). The global land surface temperature was 1.05°C (1.89°F) above the 20th century average of 9.3°C (48.7°F)—the fifth highest for October on record. For the ocean, the […]
- October 2014 DroughtPlease note that the values presented in this report are based on preliminary data. They will change when the final data are processed, but will not be replaced on these pages.
- October 2014 National Overview
- New airborne campaigns tackle climate questionsFive new NASA airborne field campaigns, including one managed by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California, will take to the skies starting in 2015 to investigate how long-range air pollution, warming ocean waters and fires in Africa affect our climate. These studies into several incompletely understood Earth system processes were competiti […]
- New airborne campaigns tackle climate questions
- Ice Island B31 Heads WestA view of ice island B31 during the 2014 Antarctic summer shows the berg headed west in the Amundsen Sea.
- Ice Island B31 Heads West
Monthly Archives: January 2011
By admin | Published: January 1, 2011
A team of state and federal biologists assisted a severely entangled North Atlantic right whale off the coast of Daytona, Fla., yesterday. The team successfully removed more than 150 feet of ropes wrapped around the whale’s head and fins, and cut portions of entangling ropes that remain on the animal. “We were very concerned about […]