- Top Myths Bustedby Daniel Brouse 1. GMO Foods Are Bad 2. Sandy Hook Was a Drill 3. 9/11 Was a Government Conspiracy 4. Contrails Contain Chemicals (Chemtrails) 5. [Request your myth to be busted.] 1. GMO Foods Are Bad Humans have been genetically modifying foods for thousands of years. There is no evidence that eating GMO food […]
- Greenhouse Gas Levels at Highest Point in 800,000 YearsThe Membrane Domain has been conducting research on climate change since 1999. Don’t you hate it when this happens? The ABC, Australia’s public broadcaster, is reporting: The world’s top scientists have given their clearest warning yet of the severe and irreversible impacts of climate change. The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC […]
- Turning Water Into ElectricityIt is possible to turn water into electricity. Solar energy is one of the cleanest and cheapest ways to convert liquid H2O into steam. The energy in steam is 9 times greater than the energy in the same weight of boiling water. The math suggests that each gallon of evaporated water is equal to running […]
- Top Myths Busted
- Oil and Gas Lobby Says Up Means DownBy Mark BrownsteinThe Environmental Protection Agency just released the draft of its yearly greenhouse gas emissions inventory. It shows in no uncertain terms that methane emissions from the oil and natural gas sector are going in the wrong direction: Up. Emissions from this overall sector are up two percent in 2013, which includes emissions from oil (petrol […]
- Ohio Electricity Regulators Reject Bailout for Uneconomic Power PlantsBy John FinniganOhio’s clean energy economy celebrated a big win this week. The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) denied American Electric Power Company’s (AEP) request for guaranteed profits to operate its aging, uneconomic coal power plants. EDF, along with many other parties, opposed AEP’s proposal. EDF applauds the Commission for recognizing AEP […]
- New York Approves Bold Plan for 21st-Century Energy FutureFebruary 27, 2015 […]
- Oil and Gas Lobby Says Up Means Down
- January 2015 National OverviewPlease see January 2015 National Overview report for more information.
- January 2015 Global AnalysisPlease see January 2015 Global Analysis report for more information.
- January 2015 DroughtPlease note that the values presented in this report are based on preliminary data. They will change when the final data are processed, but will not be replaced on these pages.
- January 2015 National Overview
- New Earth science missions expand view of our home planetThe Global Precipitation Measurement mission produced its first global map of rainfall and snowfall, from April to September 2014. The data map combines measurements from 12 satellites and the GPM Core Observatory, launched Feb 27, 2014, covers 87 percent of the globe and is updated every half hour. Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. Download t […]
- New Earth science missions expand view of our home planet
- Baby, It’s Cold OutsideRecord-setting cold temperatures have iced up harbors and waterways across the eastern United States.
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Monthly Archives: January 2011
By admin | Published: January 1, 2011
A team of state and federal biologists assisted a severely entangled North Atlantic right whale off the coast of Daytona, Fla., yesterday. The team successfully removed more than 150 feet of ropes wrapped around the whale’s head and fins, and cut portions of entangling ropes that remain on the animal. “We were very concerned about […]