- Save the Monkey Puzzle TreeWildfires in Chile are threatening the Monkey Puzzle trees (Araucaria araucana) some of which are over a thousand years old. Chile has been in an 8 year drought that is largely blamed on global warming. “Faced with this critical situation, there is no choice but to assume that the lack of water resources is a […]
- China And Climate ChangeIn a unique statement, the ranking weather official for China has come out publicly about global warming. The BBC reports: Climate change could have a “huge impact” on China, reducing crop yields and harming the environment, the country’s top weather scientist has warned, in a rare official admission. Zheng Guogang told Xinhua news agency that […]
- California Running DryCALIFORNIA — Jay Famiglietti, a senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California said, “As our ‘wet’ season draws to a close, it is clear that the paltry rain and snowfall have done almost nothing to alleviate epic drought conditions. January was the driest in California since record-keeping began in 1895. Groundwater […]
- Save the Monkey Puzzle Tree
- McConnell Amendment #836 Would Undermine the Clean Air Act -- EDFMarch 26, 2015
- Portman Amendment Would Increase Health Risk for Americans -- EDFMarch 26, 2015
- Who Could Benefit Most from Fair Electricity Pricing? Low-Income CustomersBy Rory ChristianThese are exciting times. New York’s ‘Reforming the Energy Vision’ (REV) has paved the way for change of unprecedented proportions. New York regulators are preparing the state for a future in which rooftop solar installations are ubiquitous and the rumbling staccato of gasoline-fueled automobiles is replaced by the relative silence of electric vehicles. […]
- McConnell Amendment #836 Would Undermine the Clean Air Act -- EDF
- February 2015 National OverviewPlease see February 2015 National Overview report for more information.
- February 2015 Global AnalysisPlease see February 2015 Global Analysis report for more information.
- February 2015 DroughtPlease note that the values presented in this report are based on preliminary data. They will change when the final data are processed, but will not be replaced on these pages.
- February 2015 National Overview
- Bigger thunderstorms are bringing more rain to the tropicsA new study has shown that increasing rainfall in the wettest regions of the tropics is caused by an increase in large, well-organized thunderstorms. The joint research, based in part on NASA satellite data, was conducted by scientists from the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science (ARCCSS) and NASA and was […]
- Bigger thunderstorms are bringing more rain to the tropics
- In the Aftermath of Cyclone PamTwo of the hardest hit islands in Vanuatu saw vegetation go from green to brown because of the storm’s fury.
- In the Aftermath of Cyclone Pam
Monthly Archives: January 2011
By admin | Published: January 1, 2011
A team of state and federal biologists assisted a severely entangled North Atlantic right whale off the coast of Daytona, Fla., yesterday. The team successfully removed more than 150 feet of ropes wrapped around the whale’s head and fins, and cut portions of entangling ropes that remain on the animal. “We were very concerned about […]