Monthly Archives: July 2009
Ambler, PA — The Ambler Main Street Green Committee has released their current “Initiatives And Actions”. Included in their goals are: * Business Recycling * Plastic Bag Free Ambler * Bicycle Racks and Bicycling Routes * Green Policy Initiative / Green Pledge For Businesses Read the whole story.
from The Fate of the Butterfly “Here is some of the carnage from the storm. The workers told me they heard there had been a tornado, which is the same thing everyone was saying last weekend in Frenchtown when the huge trees collapsed. Mind you, no one actually saw any such tornado, and my guess [...]
Americans used renewable energy sources—water (hydroelectric), geothermal, wind, sun (solar), and biomass—to meet about 7% of our total energy needs in 2007. Most Renewable Energy Goes to Producing Electricity Electricity producers2 consumed 51% of total U.S. renewable energy in 2007 for producing electricity.3 Most of the remaining 49% of renewable energy was biomass consumed for [...]